Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pete's Reef and Finger Rock, Puerto Princesa

Today I had a two dives in Puerto Princesa area. First was on Pete's Reef and second on Finger Rock.

Dive #:
212
Date: 22.4.2011
Place: Philippines, Palawan, Puerto Princesa, Pete's Reef
Depth: 27m
Dive time: 47min
Visibility: 25-30m
Sea Temperature: +28C

Equipment
Bottle: 12L/200bar (air) Wetsuit: No wetsuit, shorts + t-shirt Weight: 5Kg

Dive Center: Moana Dive Center
Price: 3300PHP/55€ (2 dives)

In the beginging of the dive we saw few whitetip reefsharks in two small caves.
Teeth of the whitetip reefshark.
Pete's Reef is good place to see barracudas.
More barracudas.
In the end of the dive we saw hundreds or even more small jellyfishes. Browniesh spots in the picture are not dirt. Those are small, around 1-1,5cm, jellyfishes.
---
Dive #: 213
Date: 22.4.2011
Place: Philippines, Palawan, Puerto Princesa, Finger Rock
Depth: 19,8m Average depth: 12,5m
Dive time: 59min
Visibility: 20-30m
Sea Temperature: +27C

Equipment
Bottle: 12L/200bar (air) Wetsuit: No wetsuit, shorts + t-shirt Weight: 5Kg

I have never seen this kind of nudibranch before.
My friend Petri is taking photo from giant puffer.
Moray eel.
School of yellow fishes. What is this species?
Yesterday I dived first time ever, that I didn't use wetsuit. Only shorts and t-shirt. Water temperature here is always 27-29C. Diving felt so good and light so I dived also today just using shorts and t-shirt.
I like it!

Diving on the Pete's Reef was great especially because of barracudas and sharks. Today I dived first time ever on Finger Rock. It was much better what I expected. We saw there also blue spotted stingray, marble ray (?), lots of reef fishes and corals.

No comments:

Post a Comment