Sunday, December 15, 2013

Snorkeling day at Modessa Island in Palawan, Philippines

We did a day trip in Palawan from Roxas town to Modessa Island Resort. The beach on the island looks very beautiful.
View to another direction.
Modessa Island is a resort island, so there is possible to rent also cottages.
Home reef.
Reef has a lot of different kind of fishes.
Lyn snorkeling.
Lion fish.
Looking for Nemo?
Whole family.
Clam.
When I snorkeled on deeper area there happened something very cool. First came small school of jacks.
Then more and more.
Finally there was hundreds of jacks around me. Never seen so many jacks before when snorkeling. 
I have seen huge school of jacks especially in Tubbataha Reef in Philippines and in Pulau Mabul in Borneo Malaysia when diving, but never when snorkeling.

Resort has also dive center on the island, if you want to go diving.
I uploaded this short video clip from Modessa to Youtube. In the end you will see a video clip of the jacks in Modessa.
I really liked the island and I will go back for sure. 

Regards from Manila,
Mika




No comments:

Post a Comment